- Publisher: Heyne Publisher Record # 1127
- Webpages: randomhouse.de, Wikipedia-DE
General information and history
- Located in Munich (München).
- Founded 1934 in Dresden and re-established after World War II in Munich by Wilhelm Heyne, who was succeeded in 1960 by his son Rolf Heyne.
- After Rolf Heyne's death purchased first 2001 by Axel Springer publishing house and from it in 2003 by Bertelsmann.
- Now part of Random House group.
How to determine the printing of Heyne booksThe following information is not necessarily hard fact, but based on observations of owners of Heyne publications:
- For the nth printing, the copyright page usually states "n. Auflage". For instance, "4. Auflage" indicates that this is a 4th printing.
- It seems like Heyne always omits the "1. Auflage" statement for the first printings and only starts stating it on the copyright page from "2. Auflage" onwards.
- Newer Heyne publications (maybe as of the late 1990s) often have the printing number stated on the back of the book next to the ISBN number as a two digit field above its own small barcode (example: Der unmögliche Planet)
- There are known cases were there's a two digit number in the form mentioned above on the back but there's no information in the form "n. Auflage" on the copyright page. Therefore one should always double-check copyright page and the back of the book to be sure about the printing number.
How to determine the month of publication of Heyne books
- There are many examples - especially from 1998 to 2004 - where both the month of printing and the month of publication are stated for Heyne books and there's always a difference of two months (see Robert Charles Wilson's "Bios" from January 2003 for an example). Therefore if the month of publication is not printed in the book it could be determined by this two-month difference. If determined that way it should be recorded in the note.
- If you are entering new books using the day of publication that is stated at various sources (for example amazon), please keep in mind that we don't use that, but the official month of publication that is usually stated on the copyright page: "Deutsche Erstausgabe 11/2017" for example marks November 2017 as official month of publication, whereas the book in question has been distributed on the 9th of October of that year.
Publication series data
- 815 publications not in a publication series (too many to display on one page)
- Bibliothek der Science Fiction Literatur
- Das besondere Taschenbuch
- Die große Heyne Science-Fiction Jubiläumsedition
- Haffmans Kriminalromane bei Heyne
- Heyne Allgemeine Reihe
- Heyne Die unheimlichen Bücher
- Heyne Filmbibliothek
- Heyne fliegt
- Heyne Hardcore
- Heyne Jubiläumsbände
- Heyne Jugendtaschenbücher
- Heyne Jumbo
- Heyne Krimi
- Heyne Mini
- Heyne Nostalgie Bibliothek
- Heyne Paperback
- Heyne Perry Rhodan
- Heyne Sachbuch
- Heyne Sachbuch (II)
- Heyne Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Heyne Tip des Monats
- Isaac Asimovs Foundation
- Meisterwerke der Fantasy
- Meisterwerke der Science Fiction
- Romantic Thriller
- Welten der Zukunft / Chroniken der Zukunft
Years When Books Were Published